Attend an Event
Network participants meet a few times annually in different regions of the state to share resources and discuss creative community issues. Topics of interest include: affordable live-work space for artists/creative workers, public art programs, cultural planning, cultural assets (local, regional and statewide) surveys, economic impact studies, funding options, the creative economy, creative workforce and cultural tourism.
Creative Workforce Discussions 12/11/18
December 11th, 2018
League of NH Craftsmen, Concord, NH
NH Creative Community Network presents a conversation on Creative Workforce. This event will feature:
- Sara Colson, Director of the 65x25 workforce initiative, which is working to ensure that 65% of New Hampshire adults have a high-value credential or postsecondary degree by 2025
- Kent Devereaux, President of NH Institute of Art, who will speak about the essential values artistically trained workers can bring to a business
- Kate Schwerin, COO of W.S. Badger Company, who will speak about the value of hiring creative employees and how to develop and negotiate employment situations that support employees with artistic passions.
After these speakers share their stories and experiences there will be an open Q&A then an open networking opportunity.
Listening Session: Story Circles & Sharing with Commissioner Sarah Stewart
Hannah Grimes Center, Keene NH
NH Creative Communities Network will be hosting Sarah Stewart, the state's new Commissioner of Natural and Cultural Resources to hear the stories of your creative communities.
With the support of Arlene Goldbard, NH CCN will facilitate a "Story Circle" exercise. This has two great outcomes:
- Participants will learn a great new model to collect feedback and develop vision with your community.
- Participants get to share stories and reflections on those stories with the Commissioner to enhance her ability to represent our sector and understand our challenges and successes.
When the group has finished sharing stories, Commissioner Stewart will share her impressions, ideas and vision for her new role.